NOT JUST THE TRIP!

I had always longed for a trip in high mountains,surrounded by trees and extremely chilly weather.Though I myself am a Pahari from Shimla ,but this never came in my way to crave for mountains,pine grove trees,lonely woods and pahari people.At a tender age I came to Chandigarh for growing my career.It was then I started missing mountains so much.I felt homesick every now and then and would rush back to Shimla every Saturday.Those were the days I stood up proudly calling myself a Pahari. Himachal is the only state which has been unaffected by the other external customs.I wanted to explore more about Himachal .6 years in Chandigarh and it was in 2017 I started my first journey to Manali.The month of September and different thoughts of getting leaves from my job I somehow managed to get a leave from my job and yes my very dear soulmate accompanied me there.Lucky to have a travel partner! Well I would like to mention here that without him it could be never possible to go anywhere so lavishly.The travel partner you would chose to go with means alot.So we planned and booked the stay from makemytrip in Vivaan Hotel.Now guys the best thing of Vivaan Hotel is that they provide a pick and drop facility which makes the traveller very comfortable.I was not aware much of the Manali local bus so we booked a Volvo at the night considering the comfortability.The journey started at night and it was surely a tiring one for me after a long working day.It was only at the morning when we reached Manali surrounded by Beas river I woke up and saw the mesmerising atmosphere .Suddenly I started feeling cold and pulled a cardigan from my bag.Full two days in Manali and we spent only in the Vivaan hotel as the viewpoint was too tempting to leave the place.It was only that we visited the Mall road and I bought a skirt and a Sadri(a pahari jacket with a cultural border).Altogether it was a small but an incomplete trip.

Days passed and an year too but I still had that craving in my heart that I want to visit Manali once again but this time it should be not just staying in a hotel but moving to different attractions.I was so close to nature still I missed the chance to lie in the laps of the mountains.Luck was with me and eventually I and my travel partner(It was his idea basically as usual)managed to make a plan of Manali once again.We knew from the very beginning that it has to be something very grand this time.So here we go.We divided duties between us.I had to line up good hotels where we could stay and he had to list up places to explore and also bars where one can grab a beer!One month and I came across so many hotels on Goibibo and Makemytrip .Comparing the same hotel on both the sites was such a task.Finally I lined up few hotels and one of them was Snow Flakes Resort.The best thing I liked about this hotel was its website.It had good pictures with staff wearing Himachali dress.Quite professional!I wished for a Jacuzzi but it was only offered in the honeymoon rooms!!!!lol!

Anyways on the other side a secret explorations of places to explore was already done by him and I totally trusted him.We hired a taxi this time due to various reasons.Firstly it was comfortable ,Secondly it had a pick and drop facility on the door and thirdly we both were too tired to go to the bustand first and then struggle with our luggage to the buses.So, the journey (second journey)starts from taxi at night.See,night travel has lots of pros as it saves time.You can sleep and be fresh for the mornings without feeling nostalgic.One thing the taxi driver was an extra energy human.He was so energetic that we both felt really inferior about ourself. Starting from Panchkula,we did not feel sleepy and we were in a full mood to enjoy the night life.It was after Ropar I started feeling sleepy .When I woke up,we were somewhere nearby Bilaspur .The taxi driver stopped the car for some time and we had tea .The driver himself charged himself by a marijuana.Well!weed aroma is a big No for me.Finally we headed and after riffles and turns we reached the castle like hotel Snow Flakes Resort.
Interiors -reception of Snow Flakes Hotel

It seemed more like a castle which I use to dream in childhood reading Cinderella stories.I entered inside and all the wooden carvings.It reminded me of my School Loreto Convent Tara Hall.We sat for a while in the reception which had neatly made wooden couch with cozy cushions and natural sunlight penetrating from the window making it little warmer.After a while a staff member came with a welcome drink (A warm lemon Tea).Its one sip in,and I was in heaven.It was surely a relaxing drink.We were guided towards our room.The room was medium sized and had wooden infrastructure.It was neat with a attached balcony(how much I crave for a balcony that too individual.The washroom was luxurious with a good shower and all the amenities except a hair dry.Altogether it was a pretty worth room .Now this time no sleep only explore.So we instantly took a shower and walked towards nowhere! yaaah....for me it was nowhere but he knew where we were going.Now he likes keeping secrets so he didn't disclose his plan.We took a local bus from the main road and reached another place called as Jagat Sukh.I was confused ,where are we going.."JOGINI HILLS "he answered .so finally I knew where we were going.We decided to climb the routes and take the shortcuts.Within this journey we came across an extremely talented man with his daughter.He played Bollywood tracks like pardesi and it made us light mood and we acknowledged the routes from the residents which greatly helped.

Ultimately we reached a school and there started woods.and woods.Unfortunately I was wearing a belly that too a Shastri Market stuff and I was not confident to climb the woods .Anyhow I had to do it anyways.We somehow took the wrong path and we  found some folks who seemed foreigners.We asked about the root but they had no clue.So we kept moving forward.Luckily we met a couple and I thought to ask them.There they told us that we are taking up the difficult pathway and easy one is the opposite .We decided to change our path.It was a tough and a hard task and we had to climb huge slope .It was tiring but not difficult as climbing the slope is easier .finally we reached the top and the view was unbelievable.
Jogini Falls

The mountains surrounded by waterfall and its mysterious noice .The fall had a great pressure.I was confused that whether to take pictures or to enjoy the moment.The best part was the sheep and the owner.Looking at them it seemed that these folks have no stress ,no pressure..just a calm life.So we sat there for a while.The drops of water fell on our face making a natural refresher.Oh what a day it was!After spending few hours we decided to come back.Walking back till we reached the main road,we found a local taxi with the capacity of approximately 8 passengers.The ticket cost us just ten rupees till the Mall road.It was quite easy to come back.From the Mall road we bargained a taxi and reached back to our cozy hotel "Snow Flakes".Alas ,a tiring day.We needed a good sleep .

Next morning came soon and we were all fresh and happy.So the next day was about exploring the Mall road,having lunch and grab a beer too.Now I need to explain one thing that there are lot of bars on Manali Mall road but the 2 were already shortlisted .Again a surprise.We headed towards number of bars but ultimately landed in a bar named Cafe 1947.
The best thing was its great ambience.It had two floors.The downstrairs had a river view and two tables laid.People who would like to enjoy the nature could sit there.There was also an option of sitting upstairs which was roofed.We sat downstairs and upstairs too as it started raining.It was quite cold.Beer and chicken made a great combination with a slice of garlic bread.Yummy!


We paid and dismissed .I knew we had to explore more.Its always great to have a travel partner who has the same thought going in one's mind as the other.
So we decided to check a bar named as The Lazy Dog as well.It was on a single floor.The outlet was better but as it was raining we decided to sit in doors.After flew clicks and food.We thought it was time to go back.Rain was in no mood to stop.

We took a forest road and there we met a Foreigner from Denmark.Had an interesting conversation with her and bid adiew in Mall Road.She was quite an interesting person which I would like to decribe about her in my upcoming Blog in detail.Taking a taxi and reaching back to hotel was a relief.

The night was quite musical as they had arranged a live musical show.We enjoyed the view of romantic couples dancing on the bollywood numbers.It was a cherishable night though because next morning was the end of our trip!Sounded sad hmm.
So we checked out of the hotel on time and took a local bus to reach Manali Bustand.This time we decided to go in a HRTC Bus.All my way,I kept thinking about our trip which was too amazing .I had forgottten my job,my work load and now I was going back to my regular life.
Heading back from HRTC bus
 So !guys this was my exciting trip to Manali which was though not just a trip but a lesson that just enjoy life and small things can really bring happiness in one's life!So yes it was NOT JUST A TRIP!

Comments

Popular Posts